Veg Spring Rolls is one such yummy snack which is relished by one and all. From kids to grownups, this snack is the favorite request in the evening tea time.
So, here is the recipe, with few of my own additions to it...
- 2 cup Maida
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder or Fruit Salt
- 1 cup Fine chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded Paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup fresh Sprouts
- 1/2 cup Fine chopped Carrot
- 1 Fine chopped Green chilli
- 1/2 cup Fine chopped Capsicum
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Soya Sauce
- Salt as per your taste
- Oil for stir frying the rolls
- In a large bowl, mix maida and baking powder well. To this add water to make a medium consistency paste. ( For example: 1 cup maida it will need 1 and 1/2 cup of water approx.) Keep this paste aside for 1 hour.
- Now in a pan, add little oil when the pan is warm. Add to it chopped onions, sprouts, capsicum, carrots, paneer, green chillies, cabbage and stir fry it for a minute or two.
- Add black pepper, salt, soya sauce and mix well.
- Now heat a non-stick pan, sprinkle a little oil on it. On low flame, spread 1 tbsp maida paste like we do for Pancakes or Dosa.
- When the color of its upper layer changes to light brown, take it off from the nonstick pan and keep on a plate. Make all the spring roll wrappers in the same way.
- When done with making all the wrappers like this, we start with filling and rolling them.
- Take 1 wrapper on a flat plate, now on it spread 2 spoon filling lengthwise which we made earlier. Now start rolling it from left to right and then fold the top and the bottom too, making it a cylindrical shape.
- Make all in the same way.
- Now its your choice you want to deep fry them or just stir fry them on the nonstick pan by adding few drops of oil till they turn golden brown. I personally prefer not to deep fry them.
- Serve with tomato sauce or green chutney.